About This Opportunity
This position supervises the commercial claims processing team for the VBIC (Valley Baptist Insurance Company) line of business as well as creating documents that include training materials, claims processing manual, claims desktops, policies and procedures and any other critical documents needed for this line of business. Primary duties include the following:
- Daily supervisory functions including oversight and monitoring of the claims areas of the commercial line of business.
- Assists in development of training materials and course outlines for processing various claim types and implementing new procedures. Incorporates various activities geared to accommodate all learning styles and works with Trainer to keep trainees engaged in the process.
- Provides complete oversight for claims processing for the Abrazo HealthCare Management Company Commercial line of business as identified by the health plan including supporting claim department staff by providing clarification of medical terminology and practical application of code review edits.
- Functions as an effective part of the Management Team by keeping Director informed and updated on issues surrounding designated areas, participating in meetings, working with other management staff on special projects and identifying areas of improvement with recommendations for workflow changes.
- Initiates the creation of policies and desktop procedures as well as implementing workflows surrounding designated areas.
- Ensures effective interdepartmental communication, workflow and procedures are in place to meet the goals of the department and the health plan.
- Provides input for direct reports during their 30, 90 and annual thereafter performance appraisals.
- Assists with and completes special projects in a timely manner and as directed by management.
Special Skills: Must be highly motivated; organized; professional; and have excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated proficiencies in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & Power Point-Access a plus). Must also have excellent writing skills and be able to initiate new documents for this line of business in a proficient and expedient manner.
Minimum Requirements: High School diploma required. Minimum of 10 years Claims Processing experience; 5 years Supervisory experience; experience with document writing.
Preferred Qualifications: Some college preferred. Experience with Commercial group plans, benefit administration and contract interpretation as well as claims processing and call center experience.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: M-F, 8-5
Apply For This Opportunity
About Abrazo Health Care
Abrazo Health Care’s five acute care hospitals consist of Arrowhead Hospital, Maryvale Hospital, Paradise Valley Hospital, Phoenix Baptist Hospital and West Valley Hospital. Each hospital offers a broad range of medical services including internal medicine, general surgery, cardiology, orthopedics, obstetrics, women’s health, diagnostic imaging and emergency care. Outpatient services include outpatient surgery, laboratory, radiology and rehabilitation services. Additionally Abrazo includes Arizona Heart Hospital, a campus of Phoenix Baptist Hospital, known for its distinct reputation as a premier cardiovascular specialty hospital and center of excellence dedicated exclusively to cardiac and cardiovascular care.
For more information and opportunities, see Abrazo Health Care.