About This Opportunity
The Division of Academic General Pediatrics at the Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital of The Milton S. Hershey Medicine Center and the Penn State Hershey College of Medicine is seeking a talented physician-scientist whose research emphasis will be on childhood obesity. Preferably, the new faculty member will have completed an academic general pediatrics fellowship or similar program, and have a strong or growing track record of scholarship in childhood obesity.
Successful candidate will join a well-established Division of Academic General Pediatrics with extensive expertise and federal funding related to childhood obesity and a strong collaborative atmosphere. Penn State Hershey also offers a vast array of clinical and academic resources as well as close ties with other Penn State University programs devoted to the prevention and management of childhood obesity.
The free-standing children’s hospital is located near Harrisburg, PA and is a safe, family-friendly location with access to excellent public schools and a reasonable cost-of-living. Hershey is approximately 90 minutes to Philadelphia and Baltimore and less than 2.5 hours to Washington, D.C.
Applicants for this position should be board-certified in Pediatrics or Medicine/Pediatrics. Will accept non-tenure or tenure track appointments. Review of applicants will continue until the position is filled. For additional information, please contact Ian Paul, M.D., Chief, Division of Academic General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics/MC H085, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033-0850. Email: email@example.com : Phone: 717-531-8006.
Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital of The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and the Penn State Hershey College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator
Apply For This Opportunity
About Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital
- Construction is underway on the new 252,000-square-foot Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital. The five-story building with an additional floor below ground will be built adjacent to the Medical Center's main entrance. The facility will include pediatric surgical suites, private pediatric and adolescent patient rooms, outpatient clinics for children with cancer, and a new pediatric radiology unit.
- The Children's Hospital is the region's only children's hospital and only Level 1 pediatric trauma center. Children's Hospital also performs the region's only bone marrow stem cell and kidney transplants for pediatric patients.
- The Children's Hospital consists of more than 150 pediatric medical and surgical specialists renowned in disciplines such as cancer, cardiology, and critical care.
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is the only fully equipped and staffed academic level IIIC (highest level possible) NICU between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
- The Children's Hospital was selected as one of Aetna's Institutes of Excellence™ Pediatric Congenital Heart Surgery facilities.
- The Children's Hospital was ranked by US News & World Report as one of America's Best Children's Hospitals in 2008.
For more information and opportunities, see Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.
Local Attractions in Hershey
Places of Worship
Census Data for Hershey
|Bachelors & Higher||41.9%|
|Under 5 Years||4.9%|
|Under 18 Years||20.3%|
|Over 65 Years||23.5%|
|Median Home Value||$153400.0|
|Total Area||14.0 sq. miles|
|Persons per Household||2.22|